Thursday 25 June 2020

Welcome!

Welcome to Alternative Normalcy. What does Alternative Normalcy even mean? So much of my life is normal to me at least, but generally would be described as "alternative". So here's to sharing my normal in the hope it becomes more normal/less weird in general!

Off the top of my head things I would include in this list are
I breastfed to natural term
I used slings /babywore
My parenting style falls somewhere under the bannners of attachment/theraputic/child led.
I unschool my daughter
I'm pro being as barefoot as I can be
I'm pro being in nature/nature therapy
I have a daughter with PDA so I try my best to use low arousal approaches
I'm learning about mine and my husband's own undiagnosed neurodiversities
I love strength training and trail running

I hope some of these don't sound so weird, all of them I may end up writing about!

For now this post is an achievement for me, I've debated whether it's worth starting a blog endlessly, I I've been distracted, overwhelmed, procrastinated, hyperfocused and built an entire site on a different provider for 3 hours, only to dismiss it after checking the cost... But this is a start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment